AMBHL 25th All Star Game
Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 3:30 pm at SFC Arena at
Lorna Frank is the AMBHL All-Star Game Calgary Bisons Contact Person @
1-403-829-8993 and her email address is email@example.com
The All Star teams practices will take place the evening of Friday, January 9, 2015 at SFC @ 4:00 pm and 4:15 pm
All Star Selection and Game
All Star Game Structure:
1. Scheduled for the second Saturday of January annually.
2. North teams for the All Star game will be Edmonton (CAC), Edmonton (KC), Edmonton (MLAC), Edmonton (SSAC), Fort Saskatchewan, Grande Prairie, Leduc, Lloydminster, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove and St. Albert. South Teams will be Airdrie, Calgary (CBHA), Calgary (NEAA), Calgary (NWACC), Calgary (SWAA), Camrose, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Okotoks, Red Deer and Red Deer.
3. Selection shall be as follows: (Attachment 2) to be forwarded by December 15th. The top six teams in the South (as determined by the best winning percentage as of Dec. 15th) will select 1 forward and 1 defenseman to automatically play in the All Star game. All remaining teams will select 1 forward to play.
4. Selection shall be as follows: (attachments 2) to be forwarded by December 15th. The top six teams in the North (as determined by the best winning percentage as of Dec.15th) will select 1 forward and 1 defenseman to automatically play in the All Star game. All remaining teams will select 1 forward to play.
5. The Coaching Staff and Manager will be from those teams with the best winning percentage on December 15th. The top team's staff in the Southern Divisions and top in the Northern Divisions will coach their respective teams. Winning percentage will be points obtained over points possible. In case of ties in team standings for coaching or player selection, fewer penalty minutes per game played will be used to break the tie followed by a single coin toss.
6. Goaltender selection will be as follows:
i. The six with the lowest goals against average - three north goalies and three south goalies.
ii. For some reason, if criteria i) and ii) cannot be met, the All Star Coaches will select the goaltenders.
iii. Any goalies selected must have played a minimum of 600 minutes by December 25th.
7. The AMBHL will purchase All Star jerseys and socks for the All Star game.
8. Players are to be selected and informed by each team's Coach by December 31st.
9. The host community will arrange for team pictures.
10. The host committee must arrange for Hockey Alberta to sanction the All Star game.
Exhibition Games vs Team Alberta U18 and the U of A Pandas
Calgary Flames vs Team Alberta U18 on Saturday, December 20 @ Canmore Rec.
Centre @ 8:15pm
Calgary Bisons vs Team Alberta U18 on Sunday, December 21 @ Canmore Rec. Centre @ 3:30pm
Hockey Canada Rule Changes 2012- 14
New Head Shot Rule
What constitutes head contact? What penalty will be assessed when head contact is called? Find out that and more with Hockey Canada’s definition of the new rule that will take effect immediately at the start of 2011-12.
AMBHL Written & Cyber Bullying Policy
The AMBHL is committed to help reduce and prevent the bullying of participants. Written & Cyber bullying is defined as harmful actions that are communicated via written or electronic media and are intended to embarrass, harm, or slander another AMBHL participant.
Some examples of the bullying policy are:
- continually criticizing the target’s abilities.
- blaming the target of the bullying for mistakes.
- repeated insults or put downs of the target.
- denying or discounting the targets accomplishment.
- Threats of and actual physical violence toward the target.
Elite Stream Affiliation Policy
Hockey Alberta approved the Alberta Development Model with the following principles:
- Hockey Alberta established an affiliation structure that accommodates athlete development under the new development model.
- "AA" Hockey (Bantam and Midget) is recognized as part of the Elite Stream for the purposes of Affiliation.
Abbreviation codes and addresses for Alberta arenas.